Vocabulary and Concepts
Questions about the Text
1. Where does Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz say myths about Native peoples originate (8)? Who creates them? Why?
2. What is one example of a master narrative you have learned about the United States? Who do you think created it and what purpose or motive does it serve?
3. What is the “Vanishing Indian” (9)? How does it enforce the Indian Problem?
4. What is the primary difference between colonialism and settler colonialism (10)? What is the primary goal of the settler state?
5. Dunbar-Ortiz explains that genocide doesn’t always mean war or even killing people (11). What are the more “insidious” examples she provides to explain the United States’ genocidal policies against Indigenous people?
6. How do settler ideas and standards of authenticity hurt Indigenous people and contribute to their erasure (12)?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more