CHD 204 ch 8
Read Chapter 8 and answer the following questions:
1. What are primary-age children like?
2. What do primary-age children like to do?
3. Define peers, sense of industry, competence and concrete.
4. What do primary-age children need?
5. How do primary-age children learn best?
6. What are some of the concerns about public education?
7. Describe an environment for a sense of industry.
8. What is a benefit of the learning-center approach for primary-age children?
9. What is a planning contract?
10. What is an advantage to providing a number of separate learning centers?
11. What is a planning board?
12. Define portfolio.
13. How do teachers of primary-age children use portfolios and work samples?
14. What are two large and important learning centers related to literacy?
15. What should a writing center contain?
16. List four (4) suggestions for an environment that fosters early literacy.
17. Describe an environment that fosters math understanding.
18. Describe a physical environment that fosters scientific awareness.
19. Describe an environment for relationships.
20. List five (5) suggestions for fostering peer- and teacher-child relationships.
21. What is the problem with fragmented primary classroom schedules?
22. On what do you base an appropriate schedule for a primary classroom?
23. What is the problem with recess? Why have some schools abolished recess?
24. Define mixed-age groupings.
25. Describe after-school childcare.
26. What is the debate over television and video games?
27. List nine (9) suggestions for an appropriate after-school care environment.
28. Describe an inappropriate environment in primary classrooms. List six (6) elements.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more