For this assignment, you will write a two-page paper explaining how you would apply the sociological perspectives to explain a social phenomenon. You can get a better idea about how to complete this assignment by looking at the area called, “Applying the Sociological Perspective,” in the first lesson. It gives an example by applying the perspectives to Education.
Use information from throughout the course to complete the following writing assignment:
Use one of the three sociological perspectives (functional, conflict, or symbolic interaction) to explain one of the following social phenomena.
• Bureaucracies: Why do we have bureaucracies in the public or private sectors?
• Education: Why do we have schools?
• Illegal Drug Use: Who are more likely to use illegal drugs? What happens to various categories of users?
• Poverty: Why does poverty exist?
• Prejudice: Why are some people prejudiced against others?
• Prisons: Who are more likely to end up in prison and why?
• Teen Pregnancy: Which categories of the population are more likely to be involved in teen pregnancy and why?
• Wage Gap: Why does the wage gap still exist?
• War: Why has the United States been involved in so many wars around the world?
Organize your paper in three separate paragraphs.
◦ The first includes a summary of the perspective, using the exact sociological terminology.
◦ The second includes the application of the perspective to the selected topic, providing specific examples.
◦ The third includes your own viewpoint, analysis, comments, or argument about how that perspective explains the discussed issue.
Your paper should be two to three double-spaced pages in length, in Arial or Times New Roman, 12 point font size.
Save your document as Lastname_lesson9paper.doc
Attach and submit your paper to the Lesson 9 Writing Assignment – Social Structure assignment folder.
Be sure to reference course materials and other resources correctly. You must cite your sources using APA to receive full credit for this assignment.
Check the course Calendar for the due dates.
Please refer to the Writing Assignment Rubric.png for more information.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more